Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): EMDR Therapy for trauma & abuse
- You mention accessing emotions for EMDR but I'm not very aware of or in touch with my emotional experience. Is that a problem?
- What if I don't want to use the EMDR approach to therapy?
- When I research EMDR on the Internet it appears this therapy is typically used for PTSD. What if I don't have PTSD?
- Do you use EMDR with the couples you work with, or is this only used for individual therapy?
- What does EMDR stand for?
- Is EMDR some form of hypnotism?
- Why EMDR instead of the talk therapy I've done in the past?
- This approach sounds a little strange and this is the first I'm hearing of it. Is EMDR a legitimate mental health practice?
- How long does EMDR therapy typically last?